Scientific-Research and Design-Engineering Departments of the Institute
Environmental Protection Department / Laboratory of Water Protection
- Yelena Gorlova, Chief of the Laboratory
- Tatiana Danilenko, Senior Researcher
Certification / Accreditation
Certificate for the right to conduct measurements of physical and chemical factors in the air of the operating space, atmospheric air of the sanitary protection zone, drinking water, surface and waste water (certificate No. 40 dd. 20.08.2012), issued by ‘the National Center for Expertise and Certification’ JSC of the East- Kazakhstan affiliate.
Accredited for compliance with the requirements of Standard of the Republic of Kazakhstan ISO / IEC 17025-2007 ‘General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories’ (Certificate of accreditation No. KZ.И.07.0480).
The major areas of activities are issues of environmental monitoring, design and standardization:
- The study of the composition and properties of natural, wastewater and the physico-chemical characteristics of soils;
- The studies for development and exploitation of optimal technological options for waste water purification methods;
- Process procedure development for waste water purification;
- Inventory of the qualitative and quantitative composition of pollutant emissions into the hydrosphere;
- Development of draft standards for maximum permissible discharges (MPD) of pollutants into the environment;
- Development of sections for environmental protection in pre-planning, pre-project and project documentation;
- Environmental impact assessment (EIA) of projected and operating industries;
- Development of a program for industrial ecological control of environment in the area of the enterprise production activity influence;
- Organization and conduction of ecological control of the environment;
- Assessment of the pollution level of the environment components by toxic agents of industrial wastes;
- Development of the registry passports of contamination areas and the company's environmental passport;
- Inspection of the state and development of passports of production waste storage tanks and control wells for monitoring the composition of subsurface waters along the perimeter of storage tanks.
The works are carried out in a complex way, namely:
- Sampling of waste, surface and subsurface water, snow cover, soil, production and consumption wastes; their physicochemical characteristics are determined;
- Normative and technical documents and projects for the construction of technological and environmental facilities are being developed and are coordinated in an orderly manner with government agencies.
The laboratory conducted the specified types of work at ‘Bakyrchik Mining Enterprise’ Ltd, ‘Irtysh rare earth company’ Ltd, ‘Maikainzoloto’ Ltd, ‘Aluminiy Kazakhstan’ Ltd, ‘TNK Kazkhrom’ Ltd, ‘Astana-Energiya’ Ltd, ‘Bukhtarminskaya cement company’ Ltd, ‘Kazzinc’ Ltd, ‘BKMHK’Ltd, etc.
- Development of the project for ecological control and carrying out of monitoring for ‘Bakyrchik Mining Enterprise’ Ltd, ‘Maikainzoloto’ JSC;
- Process procedure development for purification of mine and pit water of ore mining enterprises of Eastern Kazakhstan and CIS;
- Development and coordination of documents with the state authorities:
- Working program for industrial ecological control of subsurface water at the objects of ‘Aluminiy Kazakhstana’ JSC for 2012-2014 and the report on industrial ecological monitoring of subsurface water at the areas of technogenic pollution by ‘Aluminiy Kazakhstana’ JSC;
- Inventory of discharges and development of draft standards for the permissible discharge of contaminating substances into the accumulator of ‘Irtysh Rare Earth Company’ Ltd.
The laboratory is equipped with licensed computer programs ‘Ecolog’ and ‘Zerkalo’, technical, legislative, normative and methodic documentation, necessary laboratory equipment: atomic absorption spectrometer Perkin-Elmer with inductively coupled plasma, concentration meter KH-2m, electronic balance AB-204-S/ FACT, photometer КФК 3-01, photometer КФК -2, pH-meters, thermostat, laboratory furnaces; field: portable power stations, pumps – immersed Grundfos SQ 3-55, immersed Vodolei-3, immersed Malysh-3, cradle-mounted pump ‘PEDROLLO’; level meter Solinst 101, lux-meter Ю 116, hygrometer МВ-4М, etc.