Scientific-Research and Design-Engineering Departments of the Institute
Laboratory of Environmental Studies and Developments
- Mikhail Bogatyrev, Chief of the Laboratory, Candidate of Technical Science
- Andrey Bogatyrev, Senior Researcher
The major areas of activities are:
- Study of composition and properties of dust-gas flows of various productions;
- Determination of performance efficiency of gas purifying and ventilating units;
- Improvement and development of new gas purifying and ventilating units and development of operating conditions for these plants;
- Development of the process procedures for dust removal from gas;
- Inventory of the qualitative and quantitative composition of pollutant emissions;
- Assessment of environmental components contamination level by toxic industrial wastes;
- Assessment of environmental impact of the enterprise operations;
- Ecological-and-economic assessment of pollutant emission sources for air-protection techniques development;
- Development of maximum allowable emission standards;
- Development of waste certificates;
- Development of the design for arrangement and accomplishment of sanitary-protection zone for enterprises;
- Development of environmental protection sections in pre-design and design documentation;
- Development of waste management standards with determination of hazard class and development of waste certificates;
- Development of industrial ecological control programs;
- Performance of industrial ecological monitoring with the development of necessary documentation;
- Development of the enterprise ecological certificates;
- Certification of gas purifying and ventilation systems;
- Development of regulatory and procedural documentation in the field of environmental protection: standards, technical conditions, rules, recommendations, instructions, guidelines, techniques, programs.
Certification / Accreditation:
License for Performance of Works and Provision of Services in the Field of Environmental Protection (License No. 01763P dated 22.07.2015) granted by Environmental Regulation, control and state inspection in oil and gas complex of the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Laboratory is equipped with licensed computer programs UPRZA ‘Ecolog’ version 3.0 variant ‘Basic’ with the setting for calculation of pollutant dispersion in the atmosphere, MAD–ECOLOG version 2.55 (D ® W) for development of standards draft for maximum admissible discharge, ‘Substance manual’ series ‘Ecolog’ version 3.30, ‘Wastes’ version 3.1 for calculation of wastes danger level and ‘Noise. Ecolog-Standard’ for calculation of noise level, technical, legislative, normative and methodical documentation, various laboratory units, tools and equipment to perform research of dust-collecting techniques and devices, to study electrical and physical properties of the dusts, to carry out instrumental measurements of dust-gas flows parameters; it has a unit for testing Pitot tubes and glass diaphragms for rheometers and other equipment.
The major developments are:
- Device for gases wet purification and cyclone with self-maintained optimal operating mode;
- Method and device for effective shaking of electrostatic precipitator electrodes;
- Granular-bed filter for tarry matters collection;
- Plant and technique to study electrical resistivity of the dusts depending on various factors which allow determining optimal operating mode of electrostatic precipitator for precipitation of any certain type of dust;
- Electrostatic precipitator for high-dusty sulfurous gas purification and etc.
Large scope of work is accomplished in the field of: study of characteristics of emissions into environment; assessment of environmental components contamination level by toxic industrial wastes; development of the enterprise ecological certificates and industrial environmental control reports; inventory of emissions and development of maximum permissible standards for emission and actions for their management and control; development of industrial wastes treatment standards and arrangement and accomplishment of sanitary-protection zone for enterprises and other regulatory and procedural documentation.
All the developments are protected by protection document of the Republic of Kazakhstan.